Thursday, December 8, 2016

The Amusing Things You Find in Your Childhood Diary

Every now and then I pull out my old diary and reread some of the things I wrote. I came across this little gem recently. I am reproducing it here with all the grammatical errors and spelling mistakes because they are part of what makes it so cute. It was the final sentence that made me laugh the hardest, though.


February 19, 1989 (I was nine years old)

Dear Diary, Yesterday I got back from my Grandma's house. Me and my cousin did fight. I got to sleep upstairs, but I got scared. Today I hung up a 1988 calender that was in the kitchan. My mama was turning it into a dish cloth, but I didn't want it to go to waste. I also put my sign Language in the bedroom and put up a sign that says Welcome to the room of who won first prize in messiness. Yesterday, when I started to wach Tales from the darkside, my Daddy said, "You ready to watch two worms from the hole," because of my brainteaser. Right now I am watching Benji the hunted and Daddy is playing the computer. Children of a lesser God came on today. I like that movie, but it isn't but half as good as Nightmare on Elmstreet 3.


So...Nightmare on Elm Street 3 is a higher quality movie than Children of a Lesser God? Proof positive that I have always been a horror movie buff.

No comments:

Post a Comment