Thursday, January 4, 2018

Indie Book of the Month: January 2018




All In by Ariele Sieling. 

This book is a prequel to the series entitled The Sagittan Chronicles. I don't often read prequels before reading the original series because I feel that already knowing the characters and the world in which a book takes place makes for a much richer reading experience, but this one walked across my path in the form of a free eBook, and I couldn't help but snatch it up. I'm so glad I did, and I'm now even more excited about reading the rest of the series.

The premise of this book is so wonderful. Set in...set in...hmm, where is this book set? A futuristic society? An alien society? A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away? Well, anyway, it's not earth, and there is unfamiliar technology. Namely things called doors which can transport people from one planet to another in a matter of seconds. Quin, our intrepid protagonist, explores these doors for a living. His job is basically to go through them and find out where they lead. Like I said, fabulous premise for a novel. 

Quite often it's curiosity more than anything else that drives me to keep reading a book, so a book based entirely on exploring mysterious locations is right up my alley. And it really is a great book. In places it actually reminded me of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, which is my absolute favorite of all the Narnia books. So great job, Ms. Sieling! You kept me hooked from beginning to end.

Please check out this book. It's a short one, so it will only take up a little of your time, but it will be time well spent. You can find the eBook on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment